Every time I got really “successful” I hit up against something that may be impacting you too.
The first time was 2009, and I had “made it” …
Best-selling author, family financial and legal expert on TV, 2 million dollar businesses, kids in private school, living on a walk street in Hermosa Beach …
And, yet, I didn’t feel as if I had made it at all.
I felt stagnant, flat and confused.
I went on a wild 10-year ride seeking fulfillment — letting go of everything, living with two names, fully expressed, not hiding, being all of myself — and learning to do business in a new way, and again what I found was “success”, but once again it wasn’t quite it.
By 2021, I had rebuilt everything, money was flowing in to the tune of $7M/yr and I had a full team running my business for me.
Once again, though, I noticed I wasn’t that excited by my business (or my life).
I had made it, right?
But, why wasn’t I lit up and turned on and all sorts of excited by what I had made?
It was right about then that I decided to dive in and get support from two women I now call my secret weapons.
What they helped me figure out is that there is something far greater than “success”, and what was missing.
I’ll be sharing an email series this week that looks at what’s more important than success, and will create the ultimate fulfillment that you’ll desire once you are no longer in scarcity and survival, or if you’re beyond scarcity and survival now and wonder … what else?
For now, meet my secret weapons here.
And watch for the email series the rest of this week with more, including how I found the money to build my businesses, what I discovered beyond scarcity and survival, and how you can “skip the line” to the true success you really desire instead of having to loop incessantly around old patterns that don’t ultimately create what you want.
I’m here in service to your eyes wide open growth and evolution.
To your Guided path ahead, with eyes (and heart) wide open.
PS. I thought you might like to read this. It was a comment on a post made in a private group from a lawyer mom considering turning down a $200k/year job because of the billable hours requirement -- she wanted to know if she was crazy:
I walked away from a $185k/year paycheck doing estate planning/corporate tax working on Warren Buffet’s transactions at the best law firm in the country – Munger Tolles, back in 2003 with a 4-year old, a 3-month old, and a stay at home dad at home – with me as the breadwinner and no savings or family resources — and decided to start my own law practice for the same reason.
There was just no way I could be the kind of mom I wanted to be, and do the hour long commute each way, and sit in that office 8-10 hours a day every day doing work that I liked, but didn’t love (helping rich people get richer just didn’t motivate me more than being with my kids and having flexibility).
I didn’t even know I wanted to be an entrepreneur until I heard a woman speak at a conference I was at and she described her life – working from home, loving her clients, being loved by her clients, being there when her son got home from school – and I said to myself, “I want that!”
It took every ounce of my courage, heart, soul to create it, and it was 100% worth it. Now, I teach it to others as I promised myself I would back then, when I was walking down the halls thinking to myself — it’s crazy that I have to figure this out on my own, and reinvent this wheel! Once I figure it out, I’m going to share it so no mom ever has to go through this alone again. heart You aren’t crazy, you are a mom and you want to be present in your children’s lives.
Starting your own law practice (if you decide to do that) will not be easy, but you will be able to structure your calendar, have flexibility and show up for your kids in ways you could never do having to be in someone else’s office 7-9 hours a day.
^^^*** This applies to any business *** ^^^
Lawyers, you’re invited!
Every week you have the opportunity to tune in to a free workshop hosted by myself, Kim Rockwood, and Allison Osborn. Here we give you the tools to begin growing a 6-7 figure law business. Over 522 lawyers have learned how to use Estate Planning as the way to work with clients they love, without working 60+ hours a week or getting stuck in the billable hours trap. And you can create that reality for yourself too!
Start by simply adding this recurring event to your calendar, so you never miss out on any episode.
Tune in on Thursday July 13th at 12pm ET for “From Chaos to Control: How to unlock a predictable calendar and consistent revenue for your law practice.” Learn how to balance your professional and personal life without compromising your practice’s growth.
During the live training, you will:
- Explore the benefits of charging “affordable premium” flat fees and collecting payments in advance
- Discover how to help your clients choose their own fee—with you being the obvious choice
- Strategize a revenue-generating calendar that not only grows your practice but also balances your life
Excited to take control of your law practice? Join the Lifestyle Lawyer’s Club Facebook Group where we will also be streaming.
Happening Next Week! Register Early & Get $250 Off.
If you’re anything like most lawyers, you’ve missed out on far too much time with the people who matter most because of challenges with time management.
Luckily for you, on July 19th at 3 PM ET we will teach you how to master your calendar so that you can ditch your to-do list and reclaim 10-15 hours of your week. Join me and Kim Rockwood for “Time Management Mastery for Lawyers: Keep Your Calendar Under Control + Get Plenty of Money in the Bank.”
When you attend live, you’ll be able to ask Kim questions about how to apply the system to your unique situation. And you’ll get “The Money Map Time Blocking Template” as our gift to you. This is the same tool Kim used to grow her law practice in 1 year from just $500/mo to consistently generating over $40,000/mo.
During the mastercourse we’ll be sharing the exact same strategies our PFL members use to turn their law practices into 6 & 7-figure businesses they love. And we’re giving it to you for just $47 when you enroll before July 16th and use discount code “timemanagement250off“. If you wait until the last minute, the price will be $297.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Not a Lawyer and Ready For the Ultimate Growth Hack?
Join the Eyes Wide Open (R)Evolution group to access the exclusive video recording of Ali’s live event, “Alignment: the Ultimate Growth Hack.” Discover how Ali regained alignment and activated her next level, accompanied by her secret weapons, Jana and Molly. Watch and learn the ultimate growth hack.
Ali’s Reading Corner
Introducing a New Section: Ali’s Reading Corner!
I first read the Way of the Superior Man by David Deida when I was experiencing my first level awakening into my feminine at 33 years old or so. It was an eye-opener to say the least. Up until I read the book, I had no idea that there was even such a thing as masculine and feminine energy. By reading Deida’s work, I began to understand how the two polarities lived inside of me, and you can hear me talk about the way it impacted me in Episode 10 of the Guided Podcast titled “Why We Are Single,”
Man or woman, it’s worth reading if you’d like a better understanding of the masculine and feminine polarities within and outside yourself.
Stay tuned for more inspiring recommendations from Ali’s Reading Corner in future newsletters!
Podcasts, Radio Shows, and Interviews You’ll Enjoy
In Episode 11 of the Guided Podcast titled “Internal Family Systems and Self-Compassion”, learn more about the power of understanding family dynamics, the way they play out inside of you via your “parts” and develop ever more self-compassion.
Want to know more about legal planning for your family and why a Personal Family Lawyer could make a BIG difference for you and the people you love? I’ve been speaking on radio shows and podcasts across the country sharing how our 500+ PFL Firms serve their communities, and how a lawyer can help you use facing death to make great legal and financial decisions during your life.
Visit this link where the most recent interviews are saved for you to view: https://personalfamilylawyer.com/press/.
Too Much to Read? Here’s Your TLDR summary!
Podcasts, live events, trainings and more:
- In the latest episode of the Authority Builder Podcast, Ali unveils a new paradigm for professionals, addressing flaws in the traditional business model, debunking success-happiness fallacies, and promoting wealth sharing.
- Check out Ali Katz’s insightful discussion on Entrepreneurs on Fire podcast about the role of individuals as creators in the economy.
- Join Ali in training to explore effective time management techniques and learn how to track and maximize your most valuable resource – TIME.
- Discover how Ali regained alignment and activated her next level. Watch and learn the ultimate growth hack.
- Guided Podcasts – 2 new episodes: Episode 11: “Internal Family Systems and Self-Compassion” and Episode 10: “Why We are Single?”.
- Check out the 4 lessons Ali is sharing from the Scribe Media debacle. It’s a lengthy but valuable read that could potentially spare you from years of heartache and pain.
- If you’re seeking guidance for making decisions and finding support to align with your next stage of personal growth, join the Eyes Wide Open Revolution group on Facebook and watch the video.
- Check out why Ali says The American Dream is actually a Nightmare.
- Ali shared her very personal journey of being “successful” and how every time she got more successful she hits up against something that may be impacting you too.
- How can founders, CEOs, and business owners support freedom and independence for all, including their team members, while creating the economy together? Discover Ali’s personal experiences and insights.
- Watch sneak peek Episode 10 of the Guided Podcast for wise and beautiful relationship advice from Ali.
- Learn more about the implementation of HOLOCRACY as a model for managing companies, enabling a responsible CEO transition and potential financial exit to an ESOP/Co-op hybrid, while emphasizing collective values and accountability.
- Discover the significance of safeguarding money and having systems in place + Ali’s experience of $20,000 going missing from her business account, along with her insights on how she retrieved it.
- Ali discussed how to handle refund requests, so be sure to check out the video and the comments section for strategies shared by others
- Watch the latest video emphasizing aligning with Earth’s service, embracing plant medicine’s power, adopting a warrior mindset, and pursuing life’s purpose.
- Learn from Ali’s costly experiences and avoid unexpected taxes, conflicts, theft, lawsuits, financial struggles, and credit issues by watching her latest IG Live Session and gain valuable insights on navigating life and business with financial and legal awareness.
- Sneak Peek of Guided Podcast’s Episode 11 and Ali’s thoughts on recognizing the parts of yourself that align with what you value and are true to yourself.
- Ali expressed heartfelt appreciation for her mom (Mema), highlighting the transformative lessons learned from her and the profound gift of acceptance, forgiveness, and healing they have shared together.
- A video on Facebook delves into the secrets of desires from Guided Podcast Episode 9 and reveals a secret code, providing insights on understanding and manifesting personal desires.
- Ali’s latest Facebook video offers insights on effectively handling refund requests and encourages viewers to learn the “eyes wide open” approach for dealing with such situations.
- Check out this FB post about the importance of recognizing and addressing misalignment before it catches you off guard and shares insights on how it has affected her own life.
- Episode 8 of Guided Podcast uncovers Ali’s surprising advice: listen to the haters, as their valuable insights can lead to unexpected growth in a world filled with insecurities.
- Ali shared important insights about the 2023 Scribe layoffs. Learn more about how the outcome could have been different.
- Discover valuable #moneytalk tips for healing and better communication within your family. Follow Ali for insights and guidance. Watch the video here: Link
- Yep, we’ve made it to Threads …
- And, Ali’s there asking an important question, we’d love for you to answer.
- If you are on Threads, find Ali at @thealikatz and share your answer to the question: “What does financial freedom mean to you?”