I spent last weekend writing about the Scribe Media “shut down” and layoff of 80 team members with zero notice and no severance, and what we can learn from it. You can read the article here.
When I heard about the debacle, I was quite impacted because I’m a client of Scribe (they published my last two books) and because it touched my greatest fear as a business leader, reminding me of when I did something similar in 2010, and I wasn’t too far away from a similar decision just one year ago — but, because of the lessons I’m sharing with you in my article, I didn’t spiral down last year.
Instead, I turned it around, and today our Company is even stronger..
If you are a CEO or founder, you’ll want to read the 4 lessons I’m taking away from the Scribe Media debacle here. It’s long, but worth the read as it could save you years of heartache and pain.
And, if you are one of the new subscribers here who came to me from the Wealthy Woman Vault/Matriarch offer, and think you are not a CEO or founder – YOU ARE!
You may not think of yourself that way, but you are and it’s time for you to start recognizing it, and acting like it — in a feminine leadership matriarchal way, of course. 🙂
If you are here because you got the Enough Course, and you haven’t dove in yet, let this message from Lauren inspire you to schedule time to get in there this weekend:
How What Happened at Scribe Ties Into the Journey to Financial Liberation
In each of our journeys through life and entrepreneurship, we will be guided to let go — it’s a key stage on the Journey to Financial Liberation – DETACH — and Amanda and I spoke about it in the podcast episode released on the Guided podcast this week.
We can look at what happened at Scribe Media as the result of a DETACH phase on the spiral path to liberation that “forced” JeVon McCormick, the Scribe CEO, into liberation he may not have thought he wanted, but that Life wanted for him.
Within the 4-stage spiral path framework, JeVon has now been liberated of his responsibilities to Scribe and he’s been liberated of a significant amount of financial resource he was controlling because Life is forcing him back into alignment with his values, and into a greater degree of stewardship of the amount of resource he had been given to steward.
So many lessons for each of us to learn on our own journeys. A primary lesson here is that when we don’t choose alignment, Life will often force it on us.
It’s why I spent a full day last week working on my next book to outline the 4 stages of the Journey to Financial Liberation and how we can each map our path, eyes wide open.
It’s very clear to me that if I don’t “force myself” aka “choose”, Life will find a way to make the space for it to happen, and I’d rather be in choice than force. So I invested $10,000 and a full day to work with a book editor, complete the outline and decide if I want to self-publish or create a book proposal and go the traditional publisher route.
I’ll have to write up a whole post or do a podcast on what went into the decision I made. Or maybe I’ll post it in the Eyes Wide Open FB group.
In the meantime, if you need help making eyes wide open decisions and want to know which of my offerings would be best to support your own next stage of alignment, come on into the Eyes Wide Open Revolution group here on FB, and watch this video.
To your Guided path ahead, with eyes (and heart) wide open.
Student loan payments are coming back. And I’m hearing that some of you are already struggling under the weight of debt payments from taking on EIDL because you didn’t use your EIDL quite right. If you are in the struggle around your debt, please hit reply and let me know so I can consider what to create to support you. I’ve been there, done that, and I likely have some answers.
Lawyers, you’re invited!
Every week you have the opportunity to tune in to a free workshop hosted by myself, Kim Rockwood, and Allison Osborn. Here we give you the tools to begin growing a 6-7 figure law business. Over 522 lawyers have learned how to use Estate Planning as the way to work with clients they love, without working 60+ hours a week or getting stuck in the billable hours trap. And you can create that reality for yourself too!
Start by simply adding this recurring event to your calendar, so you never miss out on any episode.
Wondering what the workshops are about? In the past few weeks we’ve trained on these value-packed topics:
- The ONE Thing You Must Know to Price You Legal Services that Nobody Ever Told You…
- How You Can Set Up Your Estate Planning Practice for SALE (Or a Significant Cash-Flowing Retirement)
- Establishing Connections with High-Value Law Clients Using Relational Communication Strategies
- Time Management 101: Strategies to Unlock Consistent Growth in Your Law Practice.
- How to Attract More Clients Using Effective Storytelling
- Know Your Numbers Part 1: The Only 5 Metrics You Need to Know to Build a Life and Law Practice You Love
- Know Your Numbers Part 2: Cash Flow Forecasting Planner
Tune in on Thursday June 1 at 12pm ET to learn how to generate more clients by setting context and using curiosity questions. For those of you in the know, yes, we teach “authentic relating” to lawyers! We love it, and so do they, and their clients.
Join the Lifestyle Lawyer’s Club Facebook Group where we will also be streaming.
Get The We Create the Economy Video Series
Presenting “We Create the Economy,” a 7-day intensive course on how to create the future you desire with crystal clear clarity and consciousness, so you can use the resources available to you right now to step fully into your power as a creator of the economy.
Get the series here.
If you are a lawyer offering estate planning services, and missed my Mastercourse on how to use my proven presentation formula to cut your ad costs and have a steady stream of more clients than you can handle, I’ve got great news for you.
There’s still time to access the training PLUS get my presentation deck + slides while it’s only $297. We’re repackaging it into a $2500+ product, so get it now while it’s still just a few hundred dollars.
This presentation and script + the formula on how to use it could result in hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars of revenue for you … and could make the difference between speaking that results in clients or you speaking and wasting your time.
Podcasts, Radio Shows, and Interviews You’ll Enjoy
Want to know more about legal planning for your family and why a Personal Family Lawyer could make a BIG difference for you and the people you love? I’ve been speaking on radio shows and podcasts across the country sharing how our 500+ PFL Firms serve their communities, and how a lawyer can help you use facing death to make great legal and financial decisions during your life.
Visit this link where the most recent interviews are saved for you to view: https://personalfamilylawyer.com/press/.
Too Much to Read? Here’s Your TLDR summary!
Podcasts, live events and more:
- The Guided Courage to Listen & Act podcast has launched 6 episodes. Listen to them now.
- Living your vision: Practical tips. Listen to ALI KATZ episode on Raj Jana’s Stay Grounded Podcast.
- Ali on being a relational lawyer, Grow Law Firm podcast. Watch now.
- How will AI impact your business? And what can you to do use AI, but not fear it? Get the raw unedited Ali’s talk on AI from the INC2023 event.
- Instagram: Check out Ali’s latest reel for Guided podcast Episode 6 “Letting Go” where she shares a powerful message about the importance of letting go.
- Ali’s reel on Scribe layoffs offers important lessons for CEOs and founders, providing insights into her similar situation and extending support to those impacted.
- In an AI-dominated world, click here to access the training for three tips on success in client-serving businesses.
- Discover Ali’s personal story of a near-death experience and the profound lesson learned in this introductory reel for Episode 2 of the Guided podcast.
- Experience the beauty of a short reel about living in your desire.
- Ever had someone quit without notice? Here’s what you should do.
- Receive NLBM’s training on pricing your legal services. Discover how to strategize and optimize your pricing.
- Check out the intro reel on We Create the Economy 7-day free course: transform your perspective on time, money, and investing forever.
- Ali’s realization of true power resulted in team and business growth. This reel provides more about the importance of prioritizing genuine care and understanding of team members’ needs. Building meaningful connections should not be underestimated.
- Facebook: Ali shared important insights about the 2023 Scribe layoffs. Learn more about how the outcome could have been different.
- Discover valuable #moneytalk tips for healing and better communication within your family. Follow Ali for insights and guidance. Watch the video here: Link
- Unlock the key to staying irreplaceable by AI in your work. Stay ahead of the AI revolution. Watch the video here: Link
- Join Ali on Facebook to learn how to choose a community in Costa Rica by commenting with “#community” to receive an invitation.