During these metamorphic times of the re-awakening sacred feminine, an inspiring movement has been springing up of women visionaries, coaches and teachers who are pioneering a new paradigm of feminine empowerment, self-expression and financial liberation. These change agents have been co-creating new models and systems to support burgeoning communities of women in cultivating mutually supportive containers, in which they are able to accomplish far greater things together than could have ever been possible alone.
In 2009, the Dalai Lama made a now-famous declaration that “The world will be saved by the Western woman.” What this looks like, embodied and in action, can take on countless different forms. I believe that one of these pathways is the blossoming movement of heart-based women entrepreneurs, operating their businesses from a deeply sincere intention of sacred service and collective up-liftment. I have created this article filled with many informative resources about what I like to call the ‘Visionary Femmepreneur’ movement. I hope it will provide you with some new ideas that may be of benefit to you on your path of sharing your unique gifts in a way that will truly help contribute to effecting positive change in your communities and in the world.
For the purposes of this article, I define a Visionary Femmepreneur in the following way:
She is an inspiring, heart-based and spirit-guided leader of a community.
She creates containers in which she offers tools, practices, community support and guidance to assist others to step more fully into embodying their highest intentions and goals.
She has found a path to creating a thriving career doing what she loves and she models for others how to do the same.
She has created a global platform for her work and her teachings through web, social media, videos, books and television appearances.
Here are eight communities and convergences of visionary femmepreneurs that are helping to shape the landscape of the emerging sacred feminine in 2014:
1) ‘Spiritual firebrand’ and scholar of the divine feminine Meggan Watterson hosts a potent annual gathering called Reveal: The Event, with the intention of the day being to come together as a fiery band of soul sisters, wellness warriors, femmeprenuers and lightworkers to lift and light each other up. http://megganwatterson.com/reveal-the-event/
2) An ‘artistpreneur’ named Laura Hollick from Canada recently created an exquisite documentary film called Nu Icon: The Movie which features several much-loved women entrepreneurs including Rose Cole, Ali Shanti, Ariel White, Jena LaFlamme, Renee Airya, Christina Morassi and Deborah Skye. The film has been created in several episodes which are so engaging that’s it’s easy to watch them all back-to-back in an evening. You can check it out here: http://globalvisionquest.soulartstudio.com/ (Each of these women also have videos sharing their unique teachings which can be found on YouTube)
3) Several of these feminine leaders are also featured in a pilot T.V. series which is currently being produced by author and shamanic priestess Rose Cole. This television pilot has been created to inspire viewers about holistic living and infusing daily life with intention and consciousness. For more info about Rose and her work, check out www.rituality.com
4) Another convergence of many dynamic women entrepreneurs is the annual Emerging Women event in Boulder, led by Chantal Pierrat, and featuring quite an impressive array of powerful speakers and presenters. www.emergingwomen.com
5) Telesummits are a popular way that entrepreneurs come together with groups of resonant co-creators to bring their messages to a larger audience. The Inspiring Women’s Telesummit, co-hosted by Elayne Kalila Doughty and Deva Haley Mitchell from The Shift Network has been an annual event for the last three years, and has brought together a collective of truly remarkable women. inspiringwomensummit.com
6) Popular coaching duo Stacey Morgenstern and Carey Peters co-hostess an annual event in San Diego called the Transformational Coaching Method: Truth or Dare Experience Event. http://www.tcmmethod.com/truthordare/ Both Carey and Stacey are certified holistic health coaches, marketing and money coaches, and online entrepreneurs and are the co-founders of the Holistic MBA coaching program.
7) Speaker, mentor and bestselling author Gabrielle Bernstein recently launched the ‘Women We Dig’ video series. http://gabbyb.tv/women-we-dig In this series, Gabrielle will be interviewing a variety of leaders in the movement, ranging from Marie Forleo, creatress of the famous online business school ‘B School’, to motivational speaker, entrepreneur, and blogger Danielle LaPorte, whose blog was named one of the top 100 websites for women in 2012 by Forbes.
8) Another emerging movement is the Eyes Wide Open Life Collective (right here!), a ‘leaderful’ community co-created by entrepreneurial strategist & thought leader Alexis Neely (a.k.a Ali Shanti), CEO of Eyes Wide Open Life, Amrita Khalsa, and Kiva Leatherman, founder of the Wise Women’s Network. https://eyeswideopenlife.com/blog/alexis-neely/new-age-of-co-creation/
The Collective regularly hosts empowering google hang-outs such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHqM3617lKs&list=UUm7kphTtbUYLeJVJid4WBFQ&feature=c4-overview and invites people to join in on behind-the-scenes strategic team meetings on their weekly “All Access Calls.”
My first experience of participating in one of these communities was early last year, when I discovered the work of trail-blazing business-priestess and high-end coach Christina Morassi. Christina is a self-described “former hippie-healer-burning-man-girl” who has developed an evolutionary pathway of teaching heart-based entrepreneurs how to synthesize all of their unique wisdom, talents and gifts to build unique careers that didn’t exist before by identifying and embodying their personal ‘ecstatic brand’.
I felt a strong resonance with Christina’s work and so I decided to join her six month program and fully immerse myself in focusing on creating a soul-aligned and self-expressed career. One of the most powerful things that I experienced in that program was how much a group of fourty women can raise each other up, both personally and professionally, when we are all aligned in the spirit of empowerment and co-upliftment. I met friends, clients and colleagues with whom I intend to be connected for life.
In the fall I continued my studies by joining a coaching program with Rose Cole, a spiritual guide and author who left behind a successful modeling career to be in service to others through hosting programs and retreats and mentoring groups and individuals through her evolutionary organization, called ‘Rituality.’ Coming together with Rose’s community of activated and empowered co-creators has catalyzed deep transformation and upleveling in many areas of life, from career to health to spiritual.
The ever-growing movement of visionary femmepreneur leaders is too long to even begin capturing in one small article, so I invite you to ‘follow the cosmic breadcrumbs’ and explore the various links in this article. I personally feel that joining together with a collective of resonant co-creators with a common intention of co-empowerment and elevation can be a very powerful and life-changing decision. Whether a woman feels called to do this through a large group coaching program or by simply joining or creating a women’s group in her community is a very personal decision.
High-end group coaching programs can sometimes be controversial, because not everyone in a group program is going to achieve the same measurable results. My experience is that, as with anything in life, if you put a lot into something, you will get a lot out of it. And the opportunities and doorways opened up through coaching programs are ones that we likely may not have been aware of, or had access to on our own.
I would love to hear about any other visionary femmepreneur leaders or movements that have inspired you on your path, so please share your feedback and reflections below, and to stay in touch please connect with me at: www.facebook.com/PremaGaiaWriter
Prema Gaia is a magazine writer specializing in the sacred feminine, dancer, yogini, shamanic priestess, tantra teacher and co-author of the forthcoming anthology book: ‘The High Priestess Next Door’. Her writing can be found in publications such as Spirituality & Health, Sage Woman, Conscious Dancer and South Africa’s Odyssey Magazine. To connect with Prema and check out some of her recent magazine articles, please visit: www.facebook.com/premagaiawriter